Code of Conduct
Jensen’s Tennis aims to provide a positive sporting environment for the benefit of players and staff. The Centre will aim to provide for the health, welfare and well-being of its players and supporters at all times.
All players, coaches, officials, parents, supporters and staff have a responsibility at all times when playing at or representing Jensen’s Tennis and City Community Tennis to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, consistent with the code of conduct below. Abusive language or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
City Community Tennis Members, Players, Parents, Supporters and Staff will
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every player regardless of their gender, age, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with players.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances.
- Display consistently high standards of positive behaviour and appearance and not use abusive language.
- Consider the safety and well-being of players at all times.
- Make sure all activities are modified to suit the age, ability and maturity of those taking part.
- Promote fair play and participation and not a ‘win at all costs’ approach.
- Hold the appropriate qualifications for your position and provide quality supervision and instruction.
- Always respect the official’s decision and support them to carry out their role.
- Follow all guidelines of the State body, Tennis NSW, of which we are an Affiliate.
- Respect the policies and practices of Tennis NSW.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility, especially when dealing with persons under 18 years of age.
- Aggressive and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated