As our name suggests, City Community Tennis has a strong community focus. We work with local schools and community organisations to make tennis accessible and affordable for people of all ages and levels of ability.
Community Schools & Universities
We’re currently working with the following schools to provide subsidised tennis coaching to students:
- Alexandria Park Junior School
- Alexandria High School
- Alexandria Park Community School
- Cleveland St Intensive Language School
- Gardeners Rd Primary School
Along with subsidised tennis coaching to UTS Students in partnership with the UTS Tennis Club.
We’ve partnered with Wheelchair Sports NSW, and in addition to providing weekly wheelchair tennis coaching and training, we host the annual Metropolitan Open Wheelchair Tennis Tournament.
Supporting Mental Health
City Community Tennis is proud to partner with the RichMond RPA Buckingham House service to host free mental health tennis days, and weekly coaching and social tennis sessions.
COS Tennis Access Card
Sydney residents experiencing financial hardship can access discounted tennis court hire if they hold a City of Sydney (COS) Tennis Access Card. The Card can also be used by children 16 years and under who live with an eligible resident.
Other Community Services
In addition to the programs above, we’re also proud to offer our community:
- Subsidised tennis activities for children from The Community Tennis Project, to improve their lives through sport
- Community tennis activation days with Tennis Australia and Tennis NSW to promote major tennis tournaments such the Australian Open and the NSW Apia International
- Australian Open Blitz Days
- Free Family Days at our Hot Shots Tennis Centre at Rosebery and other centres
- Celebration of cultures within our community by hosting special fun tennis events and competitions such as Thailand vs Japan tennis comps
- Free meditation classes
- Yoga classes
- Hire of our community room for table tennis, family birthday parties, other events and classes
If you’d like to run a tennis program at your school, or would like to find out more about our community programs, please contact the team at City Community Tennis.