Child Safety Policy
City Community Tennis is committed to providing a safe environment for all children and young people. View our Child Safety Policy here. Our Child Safety Officer are Marita Morgan. All of our staff are trained in the NSW Child Safe Standards and work hard to provide the safest environment possible for children and young people to participate in tennis activities. We are a Member Affiliate of Tennis Australia and uphold the Tennis Australia Safeguarding Children Code of Conduct which has been developed specifically to protect the health, safety and well-being of all children participating in Australian tennis programs, activities, events or services. This code of conduct outlines the behaviour standards required of our staff and personnel when dealing with children participating in our programs.
We ensure that staff always act in the best interests of children and young people, take all reasonable steps to keep them safe, and promptly respond to any concern regarding the safety or development of children in our care.
1. Our Commitments
- We commit to the safety and well-being of all children and young people who access any of our programs, services or facilities.
- We commit to providing children and young people with positive and nurturing experiences.
- We commit to listening to children and young people and empowering them by taking their view seriously and addressing any concerns that they raise with us.
- We commit to take action to ensure that children and young people are protected from exploitation, abuse or harm.
- We commit to support families and communities to promote children’s healthy development and well-being.
2. Child safe recruitment and screening
Every staff member and volunteer at City Community Tennis must have:
- Verified Working With Children Check certificate
- Criminal History/Police Check clearance certificate
- Training in NSW Child Safe Standards
- Coaching staff must maintain a current coaching qualification and insurance (Tennis Australia, ATPCA or equivalent ITF recognised certificate)
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificates
3. Safe play standards
- We commit to communicating honestly and openly with parents and carers about the wellbeing and safety of their children.
- We commit to transparency in our decision-making with parents and carers where it will not compromise the safety of children or young people.
- Emergency care: all of our coaches have first aid qualifications and will administer emergency care when needed, including calling an ambulance if they deem necessary. All injuries are recorded at our club and our club membership includes Personal Sports Accident Insurance with Tennis NSW.
- Heat Policy: if the temperature exceeds 35 degrees Celsius the class will be cancelled due to safety concerns, and a credit will be applied to your account.
- Wet weather policy: coaches will decide if the court is dangerous to play on. If the class is cancelled a credit will be provided to your account.
- Equipment: children must wear appropriate footwear. Hats are strongly recommended and there is sunscreen available in the centre upon request.
- Ongoing staff development: all coaching staff have a tennis coaching qualification and undergo ongoing on-court training to uphold a high standard of coaching.
4. Child abuse reports and allegations
- All staff and players have a duty to report any suspected child abuse to our Child Safety Officer for follow up
- If you believe a child is in immediate danger or a life-threatening situation contact Police immediately on 000
- To make a confidential report or for further information on our child safety policies and procedures please email Marita Morgan, Child Safety/Member Protection Information Officer(MPIO) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Photo consent policy
- We like to use photos of real people and community members using our facilities for our reports to the City of Sydney, on our social media, website or flyers. We will always ask your permission and if you do not want us to take photos or videos of yourself or your children please let any of our staff members know.
- We will never provide third parties with copies of any photos without your permission or sell any photos taken for commercial purposes.
- Players are strictly prohibited from taking photos of children in our programs without the consent of the child's parent or guardian
6. Customer feedback
- We take every matter and issue seriously, no matter how small, no matter who they are directed at
- We commit to responding to all complaints promptly and will take all the necessary steps to resolve any issue in a timely manner and in accordance with the Tennis Australia Member Protection Policy
- Please email email@example.com