We like to keep your booking and tennis experience as easy and straight forward as possible. The tennis courts are available for hire 7 days a week for individual use only at Alexandria Park, Beaconsfield Park, St James Park, Glebe, Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills, Turruwul Park, Rosebery.
NON CCT COACHING PERSONNEL
Jensen’s / CCT does not sub-lease tennis courts to other tennis businesses or individuals wishing to coach or operate additional tennis activities for private commercial gain. Jensen’s / CCT employ a team of professional coaches who run all coaching and tennis related activities.
For all non recreational activities such as film shoots and other special events, permission from Jensen’s (and in some cases the City of Sydney) is required along with a copy of your public liability insurance. Please contact City Community Tennis by email with the day/date/time of your request and any additional information and we will get back to you shortly.
Credit Card Transactions
All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars.
All Prices quoted within CCT website include GST unless otherwise stated.
Tennis is a physical sport and a fun activity. However If you have never or not undertaken regular exercise for sometime or have suffered from or are suffering from any of the following conditions: arthritis, joint pain, muscular pain, cramps, circulation problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease, angina, asthma or breathing difficulties please seek medical advice from your Doctor before participating in any City Community Tennis program.
Photograph and video consent
We love to share images and videos of real players and tennis coaches from our own community playing in real CCT events on our website and social media pages. We respect your privacy so if you do NOT want your image used or want us to provide you with copies of any images or videos simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE HOURS – Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills
- Monday to Thursday: 08:00 to 21:00
- Friday: 08:00 to 19:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 to 19:00
- Public Holidays: 10:00 to 19:00
- Office Closed: Easter Friday & Christmas day (Note: Courts are available to book via internet booking page. Court access is via players unique PIN, Lights will activate when PIN is entered for court access evening bookings).
- Contact: Tel 9698-9451 | Fax 8003 9695 | email email@example.com
- Inclement Weather: Office Hours can change without notice due to adverse weather conditions. If the weather looks uncertain you must call the Player before making your booking or to check your existing booking on wet days. If courts are unplayable the Player will do its best to contact players using contact details provided.
TENNIS COURT OPERATING HOURS
- Courts are available for play 365 days per year
- ALEXANDRIA Times: 07:00 to 22:00
- BEACONSFIELD Times: 07:00 to 22:00
- GLEBE Times: 07:00 to 22:00
- ROSEBERY Times: 07:00 to 22:00
- SURRY HILLS Times: 06:00 to 23:00
- Courts are accessed by entering a players unique PIN | The same PIN is then used for all subsequent bookings.
The tennis courts are available for hire 7 days a week for individual use, however there are some conditions when booking courts: court bookings for coaching (adults or children), Social Tennis (group events), Competitions or any other related activity whether of a commercial or non commercial nature are not permitted.
NON FINANCIAL MEMBERS – Baseline Members
- CoS Tennis Facilities are open to the public for your enjoyment. Membership is not a requirement to play on the tennis courts.
- Non Member’s who make a booking are registered with Tennis NSW, which includes Sport Accident Insurance… Nice!
- From May 1st 2013, all facility users (Non Financial Members) who have created a profile with City Community Tennis (CCT) will be registered with Tennis NSW by Jensen’s Tennis on your behalf.
- Players who do not make bookings through the CCT website (i.e. you play with someone who makes the bookings) will be able to register for Complimentary ‘Personal Injury & Accident Insurance’ through Tennis NSW’s Membership Website from July 1st 2013.
FINANCIAL MEMBERS – Advantage Members
- Membership is valid for 1 year from the day of registration.
- CLICK HERE for Membership Rates.
- Membership Includes Tennis NSW Registration & all discounts associated with Tennis NSW Membership.
- Membership Includes discounted court hire, social tennis, group & private tuition, weeknight competitions & pro-shop items.
- Membership is non refundable.
- Membership cannot be cancelled and is not transferrable.
- Membership bookings and purchases are for the member only and cannot be transferred to non-members.
UTS TENNIS CLUB MEMBERS
- Special rates and discounts on court hire, lessons, competitions, social tennis and UTS Tennis Club events are available to all UTS Tennis Club Members. A valid UTS Student ID or Staff ID is required to become a UTS Tennis Club Member.
CoS RESIDENT TENNIS ACCESS CARD
- To obtain Tennis Access Card discounts on court hire a valid Access Card must be presented in person at the office in Prince Alfred Park. A player profile will then be created containing Access Card details.
- Access Card Holders are not permitted to make bookings for non Access Card Holders.
- Access Card holders who wish to become Club Members can enjoy further discounts on Coaching and Social Tennis events and Pro Shop Items.
- CLICK HERE to find out whether you are eligible for an Tennis Access Card.
- The court surface at Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills is ‘PlexiCushion’ – the surface of the Australian Open. This is a cushioned acrylic surface and is one of the 4 official ‘Grand Slam’ surfaces. (Australian Open – PlexiCushion, Cushioned Acrylic Surface), (French Open – Crushed Terracotta), (Wimbledon – Grass), (US Open, DecoTurf, Cushioned Acrylic Surface).
- Please wear Non-marking tennis shoes.
- Staff Members may request players to change shoes if incorrect footwear is being worn.
- Runners & Cross Trainers with black soles leave black scuff marks on the courts due to the carbon composition of the sole. We understand it’s not always possible to wear tennis shoes, however please be mindful (you basically don’t want to be responsible for leaving black scuff marks all over the court).
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
- Players must follow staff directions at all times. Aggressive behaviour towards staff or other players will not be tolerated.
- CLICK HERE to view Code of Conduct.
- CLICK HERE to view Player Policy.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- In the interests of Public Health and comfort, smoking is not permitted on the courts, in the changing rooms or within the administrative areas of any of the 5 facilities.
- Patrons are not permitted to park their vehicles within Prince Alfred Park – hefty fines apply.
- Please take all your rubbish with you and leave the tennis courts, change rooms and bathrooms clean and tidy for the next player to use and enjoy.
- Early morning and late evening players please be mindful of the local residents who live near by. Try to keep loud conversation and outbursts on court to a minimum.
- Please respect our environment and take your old ball cans and empty drink bottles home where you can for re-cycling!
- Credits are non refundable.
- In the event you find the courts wet at the beginning of your booking, it starts raining during your booking or there is heavy due on the courts please be aware that you play on the courts at your own discretion. A Credit is provided if you consider the courts unplayable.
- Court Hire Monday to Friday 06:00 to 23:00 6hrs cancellation notice.
- Court Hire Weekends and Public Holidays 06:00 to 23:00 6hrs cancellation notice.
- Permanent Bookings 24hrs cancellation notice.
- Private Lessons 24hrs cancellation notice.
- Group Classes minimum 24 hours cancellation notice (Please try to give as much notice as possible).
- Social Tennis 6hrs cancellation notice.
- No shows & last minute cancellations can not be credited.
- For all pre-paid bookings that are affected by unplayable weather or have been cancelled in the required space of time a credit is given to your player account/profile. Log into the CCT website ‘View my Bookings / Account’ with your first name and email address to view your credit or phone us if you are unsure.
- Player Credits have a 6 month expiry date from the date the credit is created.
- Credits can be used to purchase Kiosk & Pro Shop Items & all tennis related services e.g. Court Hire, Group Classes, Social Tennis, Private Tuition, Weeknight Comps & Club Competitions etc..
- Players returning Interstate or Overseas please ensure that any credits you may have are used before you leave. Credits are non refundable.
- Players may transfer credits to other players account/profiles if they so wish.
- Jensen’s Tennis does not give cash or credit card refunds for court hire, event cancellations and Pro-Shop purchases in the event a player cancels or changes their mind.
CHANGES TO PLAYERS COURT BOOKINGS
Jensen’s Tennis reserves the right to:
- Make price changes without notice.
- Cancel any booking at short notice. (A staff member will contact you and re-assign a different time or give a refund if deemed appropriate).
- Re-assign a court other than the court which has been booked specifically online or otherwise.
- Jensen’s Tennis does not take responsibility for any booking conflicts.
- Pre-paid confirmed bookings take precedence over any booking claim that is not in our Tennis Management System.
- It is the client’s responsibility to provide evidence of any booking claim.
- Where Jensen’s Tennis is found to be in error, it will do its utmost to rectify the situation within reason.
- Use of the bookings system is for Individual Use Only & is not re-saleable.
- Tennis Coaches are not permitted to book courts for commercial use or “i’m just teaching my friend(s) scenario”.
- Players wishing to book courts for event bookings such as Social Tennis, Competitions, Group Classes etc is strictly not permitted.
- Players are not permitted to book courts for non CCT coaches to conduct lessons.
- Friends teaching friends or family is not permitted without prior consent from Jensen’s Tennis.
- Event Management Companies must apply in writing to Jensen’s Tennis Centre outlining the exact details of the event that is to be held, before any booking considerations can be made.
- Jensen’s reserves the right to cancel any booking it deems is used for tennis coaching without compensation to the coach in question.
- Coaching on Tennis Courts managed by Jensen’s Tennis on behalf of the City of Sydney without prior consent is deemed to be trespassing.
- Event bookings such as Social Tennis, Competitions, Group Coaching which is not a City Community Tennis organised event is not permitted.
- Extending your booking is not free of charge. Please check with the office first – if you have booked a court for an hour and play an extra 20 minutes additional court hire fees apply.
USING ADDITIONAL COURTS
- Using additional courts that are not booked and paid for is not free of charge. Please check with the office first – if a group of 4 players decide to play singles because the court adjacent is vacant, additional court hire fees will apply.
MEMBER BOOKINGS – Advantage Members
- Membership bookings are for personal use only.
- Members are not permitted to book courts/events for non-members to obtain the members discount rate.
- Members are not permitted to teach tennis or hire courts for tennis lessons using non City Community Tennis coaches.
NON MEMBER BOOKINGS – Baseline Members
- Casual Users are Non Members.
- All Non Members are registered with Tennis NSW as Baseline Members.
- Facility users are not permitted to teach tennis or hire courts for tennis lessons using non City Community Tennis coaches.
CLASSES, COURSES & SOCIAL TENNIS
- Pre-payment is required for all Group Classes, Courses, Cardio Tennis and Social Tennis Events.
- A minimum 24 hours cancellation notice is required for Group Classes and Cardio Tennis.
- Children’s Classes & Adult Courses are payable by the term in advance – usually 10 weeks.
- Credits are not granted If a child or adult cannot attend a class/course, however if we do have a vacancy in another class/course we may be able to arrange a catch up lesson(s).
- Player credits are given when classes are cancelled due to inclement weather or if the class is cancelled for other reasons.
- If a coach is sick or away a different coach may conduct a class(es). Due to time constraints and the large number of classes in operation coaches can be changed without prior notice to class participants.
ITN NUMBERS (International Tennis Number)
- For Group Classes & Social Tennis an ITN Number is used to assist players in identifying their standard.
- Group Classes, Cardio Tennis, Social Tennis and Competitions are categorised into 6 ITN levels at the Centre.
- Players are requested to follow these guides at all times when booking into classes and social tennis. i.e. if a player is an obvious ITN 8 please do not book into events with lower ratings. Ask the coach first.
- If you are unsure of your level you may contact the Centre for a grading – a small fee applies.
USING ITN NUMBERS to self assess
- Beginner ITN 10.3 to 10
- Low Intermediate ITN 9 to 8
- Intermediate ITN 7
- High Intermediate ITN 6
- Advanced (2) ITN 5
- Advanced (1) ITN 4
- CLICK HERE to find your level.
PLAYING AT THE WRONG LEVEL
- Jensen’s Tennis reserves the right for staff members & contract coaches to advise players of their appropriate level/standard/ITN which overrides a player’s self-assessment.
- On occasions players can accidentally grade themselves incorrectly – usually too high – and a coach or staff member will advise a player as to which level class or social tennis group is appropriate for their current level.
- If a staff member advises a player that their level is not appropriate for a particular Class/Social Group etc we ask players not to take offence and dispute the assessment.
- Jensen’s Tennis expects Members/Players to follow and respect the advice of the coach/staff in an appropriate way.
- Once players have been advised not to participate at a certain level, they cannot book into that class or group until such a time as they reach that level through coaching and regular practice – the staff will advise when a player is ready to move to the next level.
- Players who continue to re-book into levels where they have been advised otherwise will be refused entry to that level.
- Players may request a grading session with a coach or suitable staff member to verify their ITN level if they feel it is too low.
- Players please be advised that you may contact Management if you feel that you have been unfairly treated.
- For confidentiality please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLICK HERE to view Player Policy.
PRICE & EVENT CHANGES
- Jensen’s Tennis Reserves the right to make changes to booking schedules (including but not limited to: Tennis/Yoga/Fitness Classes, Social Tennis, Competitions, Coach/Instructor Class changes and prices without prior notice.