City Community Tennis Weeknight Competitions
Doubles & Singles Format
Our in-house combined doubles and singles social competitions are are a great way to improve your tennis and meet new people. Depending on your playing standard competition is played on Monday or Tuesday evening at Prince Alfred Park Tennis Courts in Surry Hills. Competitions are held throughout the year: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter generally played over a 10 week period which includes Semis & Finals.
Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions – FAQ’s
- Q. How many competitions are held throughout the year? – 4 Seasonal Competitions
- Q. Do I need to become a member? Yes, all members are registered with Tennis NSW.
- Q. How many Divisions are there? 2 Levels ranging from ITN 7 to ITN 4
- Q. What is the format? 2 sets of doubles and 2 sets singles (1 singles per team member)
- Q. How many weeks does the competition run for? Usually 10 weeks. The comp involves 7 nights of actual tennis but because of wet weather repeat nights and occasional public holidays, on average it takes 10 weeks to complete.
- Q. What time do I play? 20:00 to 22:30, occasionally matches finish at 23:00.
- Q. How many players are in a team? 2 players.
- Q. What if I can’t play every week? You can play as a reserve
- Q. How much does it cost to enter? $154.00
- Q. What standard do I need to be to participate? The minimum standard required to participate in a team is ITN 7.
- Q. What happens if a team doesn’t reach the final round stages? Teams who don’t make the semis or finals can participate in a well organised social game on semis and finals nights, so everyone who enters a competition plays 7 rounds of tennis!
- CLICK HERE for more information on ITN numbers
- CLICK HERE for more information on Membership
- For more information on participating in competitions and tournaments please contact the office on 9698 9451 or fill out the online enquiry form