‘Learn & Have Fun’
Adult Classes are a great way to develop technique, improve fitness and gain a greater understanding of the finer points of the beautiful game of tennis. Classes are conducted by qualified coaches who will take you through all the steps to improve your game.
Classes are created on a monthly basis so you can choose and pay for the class(es) you would like to attend within the month. You can book a class at any stage during the month – for example you might like to just book 2 Classes in a month and some of you might like to play on different days during the week for the entire month. Classes must be pre-paid in advance and there is a 24 hour minimum cancellation policy to receive a credit. Book online, call us on 9698 9451 or visit us in person, it’s all very simple.
Choosing the right class
Classes are categorised in the following way by using the International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) International Tennis Number (ITN), this ensures that you can learn in a class with fellow students at the same level
- Beginner: ITN 10-9 This player is in the early stages of tennis skills development and is primarily learning simple tennis co-ordination tasks/exercises. Rallying with movement and control is not yet achieved.
- Low Intermediate: ITN 9-8 This player is able to rally with movement and control to some degree and is now starting to play competitively (can serve and return/rally) on a full court. Strokes can be completed with some success. This player can also judge where the ball is going and can sustain a short rally of slow pace.
- Intermediate: ITN 7 This player is fairly consistent when hitting medium paced shots, but is not yet comfortable with all strokes. Lacks control over depth, direction and power.
- High Intermediate: ITN 6 This player exhibits more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage, improved shot control and is developing teamwork in doubles.
- Advanced: ITN 5 This player has dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both ground strokes and on moderate shots. Has the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success.
- High Advanced: ITN 4 This player has begun to use power and spin and has begun to handle pace. Has sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and can vary game plan according to opponents. Can hit first serves with power and can impart spin on second serves.
- Australian Money Tournament Level: ITN 3 This player has good shot anticipation and frequently has an outstanding shot or attribute around which a game may be structured. Can regularly hit winners and force errors of short balls. Can put away volleys and smashes and has a variety of serves to rely on.
- Challenger Level: ITN 2 Plays or has played international ITF tournaments or Futures. This player has power and consistency as a major weapon. Can vary strategies and styles of play in a competitive situation.
- Touring Professional: ITN 1 Holds or is capable of holding an ATP/WTA ranking and major source of income is through tournament prize money.
Class Fees – all classes are pre-paid
Only pay for the classes you choose within the month.
- 60 Minutes (max 4 students): $26.00 | Members $22.00 | *UTS Tennis Club $12.00 | *CoS Access Card $18.00
- 90 Minutes (max 6 students): $26.00 | Members $22.00 | *UTS Tennis Club $12.00 | *CoS Access Card $18.00
- Cardio Tennis Classes 60 Minutes (6-8 students): $22.00 | Members $18.00 | *UTS Tennis Club $12.00
Membership – play more, save more!
If you enjoy playing regularly Membership offers discounts on court hire, tuition, competitions, social tennis and pro-shop items. Members also have the added advantage of being notified when court hire, classes etc will open for the following month. Membership includes Tennis Australia registration and personal accident insurance along with Carbon Neutral’s tree planting program. We basically have a new seedling planted for every new and renewed membership.
Making a Booking
- To make a booking simply book a class(es) online or if you require assistance call the office on 9698-9451. *UTS Tennis Club & CoS Access Card Members please phone us to make your booking.