Hot Shots is a fundamental approach to teaching tennis called “learning through play” based on developing skills in real tennis game situations. Children develop technically and tactically in an environment that’s always fun and exciting.
We are an authorised deliverer of ANZ Hot Shots, Tennis Australia’s official tennis program for children and employ Tennis Australia qualified coaches. Using smaller courts, racquets and low compression balls gives children the best start and makes learning tennis easy and fun.
It easy to enrol your children into a Hot Shots Class. Fill out the online application/enquiry form and a staff member will get back to you shortly to enrol your child(ren) in an appropriate class(es).
- CLICK HERE to fill out the online enquiry form.
Stages of development
Launch Pad stage Ages 3-5
- Children begin by exploring fundamental and perceptual motor skills and tennis basics.
Red stage Ages 4-8
- Children use 25 per cent compression red balls that bounce lower, slower and are much easier to hit. Children play on three-metre or six-metre wide courts. Recommended racquet size is 21–23 inches.
Orange stage Ages 8-10
- Children use 50 per cent compression orange balls and play on regular courts with reduced length. Recommended racquet size is 23–25 inches.
Green stage Ages 9+
- Children play on a full-size court using 75 per cent compression green balls. Recommended racquet size is 25–27 inches.
- have lots of fun and stay healthy
- meet friends and build social skills
- play with smaller equipment designed especially for kids
- develop skills and tactical awareness
- have the opportunity to play in age appropriate competitions
- easily progress to full-court tennis