5 PlexiCushion Courts | Lights | Amenities | Pro-Shop | Kiosk | Community Room | Street Parking
Located in Prince Alfred Park just minutes away from the CBD and Central Railway Station. Enter the Park from Cleveland or Chalmers Streets (nearest street address 242 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills 2010). There are toilets, showers, a pro-shop where you can purchase or hire tennis racquets, re-string your racquet or purchase new or used tennis balls. The community room is available to book for table tennis and offers yoga, meditation and dance classes. It is also available to hire for birthday parties, meetings and events. The park has many grassy areas where you will find fitness stations, children’s play equipment, BBQs, basketball courts and the Prince Alfred Park swimming pool. PlexiCushion is a Grand Slam surface so come on down to have a hit on the same courts that the pros play on!
- CLICK HERE for Google Map directions to City Community Tennis managed facilities
- Monday to Thursday: 08:00 to 21:00
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 to 20:00
- Public Holidays: 10:00-20:00
- Closed on Easter Friday and Christmas Day
Casual Tennis Court Hire Rates (Per Hour) are set by City of Sydney (CoS) Council
- Monday to Friday 06:00-17:00: $23.20
- Monday to Friday 17:00-22:00: $28.30
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 07:00-22:00: $28.30
Member Court Hire Rates (Per Hour) Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills
- Monday to Friday 07:00-17:00: $14.00
- Monday to Friday 17:00-21:00: $24.00
- Monday to Friday 21:00-23:00: $20.00
- Weekends & Public Holidays 06:00-22:00: $20.00
Concession Rates Per Hour children, students and pensioners (valid ID is required)
- Monday to Friday 06:00-17:00: $17.50
- Monday to Friday 17:00-22:00: $21.10
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 07:00-22:00: $21.10
Eligible City of Sydney Tennis Access Card Holder Rate: $7.50 Per Hour
Pensioner or Senior Health Card holders experiencing financial hardship can apply to the CoS to obtain an Access Card CLICK HERE if you are a CoS resident to see if you are eligible
- Pre-paid bookings only for court hire, group classes, social tennis, etc
- Give us a call on 9698-9451 if you are having trouble booking online
- Payments by cash or EFTPOS can be made at Prince Alfred Park during Office Opening Hours
- CLICK HERE to contact us
- City Community Tennis reserves the right to make booking changes for court repairs and/or other events please consult the Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Recreational bookings only – bookings by commercial tennis coaches not employed by CCT not permitted
Court Bookings outside normal office hours
- You can book a court outside of normal office hours (before 08:00 and after 21:00 weekdays and after 19:00 weekends and public holidays) and gain access to the courts by entering your PIN into the security gate number pad. Please note if you require racquets and or balls you will need to bring your own gear or book during normal office hours.
Equipment Hire and Purchase (office hours only)
- Standard racquets per session: $3.00 | $2.00 for members
- Demo racquets: $7.00 | $5.00 members | TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!
- The hire fee comes off the pr ice of Racquet Maximum 3 sessions
- New and used Tennis balls can be purchased during starting from as little as 20 cents for members
- Courts are available for play at Surry Hills from 06:00 am but if you need to need to hire or purchase equipment you will need to play from 8:00am or from 10:00am on Public Holidays
Create a Player Credit to Make Bookings
- Players can also create a ‘Credit’ account under their Player Profile over the phone or in person using your credit card, EFTPOS or cash if you don’t have a credit card. Use this method if you are planning on making many bookings or need to make future bookings without using a credit card. Note: our system does NOT record your your credit card details so purchase advance credit if you wish to save time in the future!
- Access to the courts is controlled by a Personal Identification Number (PIN) security system.
- A PIN is automatically issued to players when they make an initial booking via SMS and email (booking confirmation & receipt).
- Players can use the same PIN for all subsequent bookings.
- To access the court(s) at your booked time, simply enter your PIN into the key pads located at the gate to the court. Your PIN will allow you access to the tennis courts 10 minutes before & 15 minutes after your booking ends.
- To EXIT at any time, simply depress the EXIT button. For the comfort & security of others please do not prop the doors open.
Evening Players – IMPORTANT
- Lights will switch OFF 15 minutes after your booking time ends.
- Entering your PIN into the keypad turns the lights ON or KEEPS lights ON (this is an energy saving feature).
- You must enter your PIN correctly even if the lights are already ON before you enter the court to keep lights on.
- Your PIN will only work 10 minutes before your paid booking time.
Problems with Access
- Your PIN will only work 10 minutes before your booking commences and up to 15 minutes after your booking has ended
- If you are having difficulties opening the gate it may be something simple like trying to get into the tennis court before or after your PIN has been activated or deactivated from our computer system
- If you are still having troubles give us a call on 9698-9451 and leave a message if it goes to the machine
- Office opening and closing times can change without notice due to adverse weather conditions
Surface and Shoe Policy
- The blue court surface at Prince Alfred Park is PlexiCushion what is used for the Australian Open in Melbourne
- This is a cushioned acrylic surface and is one of the 4 official ‘Grand Slam’ surfaces
- Please wear non-marking tennis shoes to help us to preserve the surface
- Runners & Cross Trainers with black soles should NOT be worn as they may leave black scuff marks
- If in doubt please check with a staff member or give us a call
- We can also order very inexpensive tennis shoes for you from our suppliers
- The surface is abrasive and may damage non-tennis shoes so invest in your game by wearing proper tennis shoes