5 Floodlit PlexiCushion Courts | Amenities | Pro-Shop | Kiosk | Street Parking
Our head office is located in the newly renovated Coronation Centre in Prince Alfred Park, just minutes away from the CBD and the Central Railway Station. Enter the Park via either Cleveland or Chalmers Streets (nearest street address is 242 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills 2010). The Prince Alfred Park tennis courts feature five Plexi-cushion championship size tennis courts that are a dream to play on. There are also toilets and showers, a fully-stocked pro-shop where you can hire or purchase tennis racquets, balls and even shoes. The community hall in the Coronation Centre is available for hire for birthday parties, functions and also features yoga classes and table tennis. Adjacent to the tennis facilities in the Park are state of the art fitness stations, children’s play equipment, BBQ’s, basketball courts and the Prince Alfred Park swimming pool and of course plenty of green spaces to just relax and unwind.
- CLICK HERE for Google Map directions to City Community Tennis managed facilities
- Monday to Thursday: 08:00 to 21:00
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 to 20:00
- Public Holidays: 10:00-20:00
- Closed: Easter Friday and Christmas Day
- All bookings are pre-paid only for court hire, group classes, social tennis.
- If you are unable to book courts, classes, socials online please call the office at Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills on 9698-9451 for assistance.
- Payments by cash or EFTPOS can be made at our office in Prince Alfred Park.
- Players can also create a “Credit” account under their Player Profile. Use this method if you are planning on making many bookings or don’t have a credit card. This is an easy way to take the hassle out of making Credit Card transactions each time a booking is made… For those of you who wish to play regularly Membership is the best option – play more, save more!
- CLICK HERE to contact us
Court Bookings outside normal office hours
- With the Gate Access and Lighting Control you can book a court outside of normal office hours (before 08:00 and after 21:00 weekdays and after 19:00 weekends and public holidays). Please note if you require racquets, balls or shoes you will need to bring your own gear or book during normal office hours.
- Standard racquets per session: $3.00 | $2.00 for members (During Office Hours)
- Demo racquets: $7.00 | $5.00 members (TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!
- The hire fee comes off the price of Racquet – Max 3 sessions)
- Tennis balls: $1.00 per ball | FREE for members, access card holders and concession (During Office Hours)
- Courts are available for play at Surry Hills from 06:00. Please be aware if you need to hire or purchase equipment you will need to play from 08:00 or 10:00 Public Holidays.
Create a Player Credit Account
- Players can also create a “Credit” account under their Player Profile. Use this method if you are planning on making many bookings or don’t have a credit card. This is an easy way to take the hassle out of making Credit Card transactions each time a booking is made…
- For those of you who wish to play regularly Membership is the best option – play more, save more!
Fees Standard and Members Rates
If you like to play regularly why not become a Member and save!
- Monday through Sunday (Tennis Courts can be accessed 365 days per year)
- Monday to Friday 06:00-17:00: $22.50 | Members $12.00
- Monday to Friday 17:00-21:00: $27.50 | Members $24.00
- Monday to Friday 21:00-23:00: $27.50 | Members $20.00
- Weekends & Public Holidays 06:00-23:00: $27.50 | Members $20.00
- CLICK HERE to become a Member and save!
Fees – Concession Rates
For children, students and pensioners (valid id is required)
- Tennis Courts can be accessed 365 days per year
- Monday to Friday 06:00-17:00: $17.00
- Monday to Friday 17:00-23:00: $20.50
- Weekends & Public Holidays 06:00-23:00: $20.50
- CLICK HERE to become a Member and save!
Fees – City of Sydney Tennis Access Card Holder rates
- For CoS resident low income earners (this is subject to meeting the CoS requirements for the Access Card). Monday through Sunday (Tennis Courts can be accessed 365 days per year)
- Monday through Sunday 06:00-23:00: $7.50
- Weekends & Public Holidays 06:00-23:00: $7.50
- CLICK HERE to find out how to obtain a CoS Tennis Access Card.
- Access to the courts is controlled by a Personal Identification Number (PIN) security system.
- A PIN is automatically issued to players when they make an initial booking via SMS and email (booking confirmation & receipt).
- Players can use the same PIN for all subsequent bookings.
- To access the court(s) at your booked time, simply enter your PIN into the key pads located at the gate to the court. Your PIN will allow you access to the tennis courts 10 minutes before & 15 minutes after your booking ends.
- To EXIT at any time, simply depress the EXIT button. For the comfort & security of others please do not prop the doors open.
Evening Players – IMPORTANT
- IF YOU HAVE AN EVENING BOOKING the Lights will switch OFF 15 minutes after your booking ends.
- Your unique PIN turns the lights ON or KEEPS the lights ON (this is an energy saving feature).
- You must enter your PIN correctly even if the lights are already ON before you enter the court.
- You can enter your PIN 10 minutes before your booking commences.
Problems with Access
- If you are having difficulties accessing the courts it may be something simple like trying to access the courts before or after your PIN has been activated/deactivated.
- Remember your PIN will only start working 10 minutes before your booking commences and up to 15 minutes after your booking has ended.
- The new court surface at Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills is the surface of the Australian Open, ‘PlexiCushion’. This is a cushioned acrylic surface and is one of the 4 official ‘Grand Slam’ surfaces. (Australian Open – PlexiCushion, Cushioned Acrylic Surface), (French Open – Crushed Terracotta), (Wimbledon – Grass), (US Open, DecoTurf, Cushioned Acrylic Surface).
- To keep the courts looking and playing great for years to come only non-marking tennis shoes are to be worn – ‘This is a Condition of Use’.
- Staff Members can request players at anytime to change shoes if incorrect footwear is being worn – This is again is a Condition of Use’.
- We offer an inexpensive range of tennis shoes for purchase (during office hours) for those who don’t have the right footwear.
- You may also purchase top quality shoes at a much discounted price from the Pro-Shop – Babolat or Lotto Shoes.
- Runners & Cross Trainers with black soles are not permitted to be worn on the courts due to the carbon composition of the sole (you basically don’t want to be responsible for leaving black scuff marks all over the court).
- If in doubt please don’t wear those runners check with a staff member.