2 Floodlit PlexiPave Courts | Tennis Pavilion, Toilets & Showers | Street Parking
St James Park Tennis Courts are situated at St James Park, John St, Glebe. The facility has 2 PlexiPave championship size tennis courts with lights and a small tennis pavilion where players can relax and watch the tennis. There are also amenities for Men & Women (Showers, Toilets, Changeroom and Coffee/Tea making facilities). Adjacent to the facilities is a Children’s playground. There is also many cafes and restaurants quite near on Glebe Point Rd.
- CLICK HERE for Google Map directions to City Community Tennis managed facilities
- There is no office or pro-shop at St James Park Tennis Courts. Please call our main office on 9698-9451.
- All bookings are pre-paid only for court hire, group classes, social tennis. If you are unable to book courts, classes, socials online please call the office at Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills on 9698-9451 for assistance.
- Payments by cash or EFTPOS can be made at our office in Prince Alfred Park.
- Players can also create a “Credit” account under their Player Profile. Use this method if you are planning on making many bookings or don’t have a credit card. This is an easy way to take the hassle out of making Credit Card transactions each time a booking is made… For those of you who wish to play regularly Membership is the best option – play more, save more!
- Hourly Rates are standardised across the following facilities: Alexandria, Beaconsfield, Glebe & Rosebery Tennis Courts
- Courts are available for hire 365 days. Unless closed for renovations, events etc
- There are no facilities to hire or purchase tennis equipment at Alexandria, Beaconsfield, Glebe and Rosebery Park tennis courts. Equipment can be purchased from our fully stocked Pro-Shop at Prince Alfred Park.
Times and associated Hourly Rates are as follows
- 07:00-17:00: $22.50 | Members $10.00
- 17:00-22:00: $27.50 | Members $14.00
- Weekends & Public Holidays 07:00-22:00: $27.50 | Members $14.00
- CLICK HERE to become a Member and save!
Fees – Concession Rates
For children, students and pensioners (valid id is required)
- Monday through Sunday (365 days per year)
- Monday to Friday 07:00-17:00: $17.00
- Monday to Friday 17:00-22:00: $20.50
- Weekends & Public Holidays 07:00-22:00: $20.50
Fees – City of Sydney Tennis Access Card Holder Rates
For CoS resident low income earners (this is subject to meeting the CoS requirements for the Access Card).
- Monday through Sunday (365 days per year)
- Monday to Friday 07:00-17:00: $7.50
- Monday to Friday 17:00-22:00: $7.50
- Weekends & Public Holidays 07:00-22:00: $7.50
- CLICK HERE to find out how to obtain a CoS Tennis Access Card
- Access to the courts is controlled by a Personal Identification Number (PIN) security system. A PIN is issued to players when they make an initial booking, via SMS & email. Players can use the same PIN number for all subsequent bookings.
- To access the courts at your booked time, simply enter your PIN number followed by the (#) symbol into the key pads located at the gate to each court.
- The change rooms and toilet facilities can be accessed by entering your PIN followed by the (#) symbol into the key pad located on the clubhouse door.
- PIN access is active 10 minutes before & 15 minutes after your booking period (i.e. for a 60 minute booking the PIN will be active for 85 minutes).
- Exit is on demand. Simply press the green button (courts) or switch (pylons inside pavilion). The gates will then unlock for 5 seconds.
- To enter court/pavilion after the gate has been shut simply enter your PIN again (during you booking period).
- For the comfort & security of others please do not prop the doors open.
Problems with Access
If you are having difficulties accessing the courts it may be something simple like trying to access the court or pavilion before or after your PIN has been activated/deactivated. Remember your PIN will only start working 10 minutes before your booking commences and up to 15 minutes after your booking has ended.
- For help or to report a problem, please call during Office Hours on 9698-9451.
- Office opening and closing times can change without notice due to adverse weather conditions. On wet days call the Club first before making a booking or to check your existing booking. If courts are unplayable, the Club will do its best to contact you using the contact details you have provided.
- Our Office is located at Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills. Office hours Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 21:00 | Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 to 19:00