Easterns Suburb Tennis Association Sunday Competition
- 1st Doubles, 1st Singles, 2nd Singles, 2nd Doubles
- The first to 6 games (long deuce), but no tie breaker.
- A coin is tossed to decide first serve or receive.
- It’s very important to win as many games as you can to gain points. If it rains, the points will be shared between the two teams.
- If teams are unable to complete a match in due time, the points will be shared for any incomplete games.
- When players finish their match, the team captain can either call or email the office to submit scores to be recorded and enter in the X-Point system.
Home & Away Games
- (Home Game) When playing at the Prince Alfred Park tennis centre, staff will provide the home team with a score sheet & two tennis balls. Players must come to the office and ask for these. When the home team has completed the match, the score sheet is completed and handed to a staff member in the office.
- (Away) Make sure you check the venue and aim to arrive 15 minutes before the match commences. If you are 15 minutes late, you will lose the first set automatically and 30 minutes you will lose 2 sets.
- When playing a singles match (after the first doubles), the ‘Away Team’ will decide who will play first. The ‘Home Team’ then decides who in their team will play that person.
Finding a Reserve
- it is very important that the team captain is informed at the beginning of the competition as to what specific Sundays (dates) during the competition a player is unable to attend a match so that a suitable replacement (reserve) is organised for that day.
- If a team is unable to play a scheduled match, the Competition Supervisor has a list of reserve players. Playing reserves ensures that teams do not forfeit matches, that the opposition gets to play a match, and allows new players to experience the competition.
- Contact details for Team Members will provided once the teams/reserves have been organised.
- Please notify CCT staff member if you require a reserve at least 24 hours before your match.
- The competition fees will be $220.00 per player (2 players team), $147.00 per player (3 players team), $110.00 per player (4 players team).
- The rule is: Tennis is ‘On’ until a team has been informed otherwise. Contact details are provided for teams to check play status.
- For more information on participating in competitions and tournaments please contact the office on 9698 9451 or fill out the online enquiry form