The newly renovated Coronation Centre looks out over the tennis courts in Prince Alfred Park, Surry Hills. Airy and well-lit with a wooden floor and accessibility for wheelchairs, the community room is only minutes away from the Central Railway Station and Sydney’s CBD. It is easily accessible by public transport, walking, driving or cycling.
What can I hire the hall for?
The community is welcome to hire the Community Hall (as an example) for the following uses:
- Children’s Birthday Parties
- Discussion groups
- Community classes
Hall Hire Rates
The Hall Hire rate does not include additional items such as chairs and tables.
- Non Commercial: $30.50 per hour
- Commercial Hire: $60.00 per hour
- Disabled Access (ramp into ground floor) and Accessible Toilet/Shower
- Capacity: 60 people Standing, 30 people Seated
- Availability: Monday through Sunday 07:00 to 21:00
Equipment & Services for Hire
Additional equipment and services that may be hired with a Coronation Hall booking.
- Chair Hire (per chair): $2.00 per hour, maximum 24 chairs
- Table Hire (per table): $5.00 per hour, maximum 8 tables
- White Board: $5.00 per hour
- Table Tennis Table: $18 per hour
- Cleaning (Flat Rate): $50.00
- Because of limited refuse space, an additional fee for waste disposal and recycling will be added if you wish the centre to remove waste: $50.00 minimum fee (no fee applies if waste/recycling refuse is taken away by those making booking.
- Please note we do not allow hirers to bring their own tables and chairs for indoor use, due to access into the Park and to prevent damaged to the timber floors
If you would like to book the community room please fill out the online web enquiry form and one of our staff will get back to you shortly.