The UTS Tennis Club is affiliated with City Community Tennis (CCT) courts, managed by Jensen’s Tennis. It caters for all levels from beginner to elite. It also manages all intervarsity tennis for UTS. Members can play tennis at five locations throughout the City of Sydney: Surry Hills, Glebe, Beaconsfield, Alexandria and Rosebery. The Surry Hills courts in Prince Alfred Park have 5 plexicushion courts (Australian Open Surface) and are within 7 minutes walking distance from the UTS Broadway Campus!
No membership cards necessary. Upon paying your membership fee, your discounts automatically apply and you will be sent a separate email receipt from Tennis Australia with your ‘My Tennis ID’ with further information on how to log into the Tennis Australia website to access additional benefits. Student members also receive FREE use of racquets and we plant a tree for every new and renewing member helping you to offset your carbon footprint while you play tennis!
- Discounted court hire rates.
- Discounted Classes, Competitions, Social Tennis & Cardio Tennis.
- Free use of racquets and balls.
- Player registration with Tennis NSW and Tennis Australia.
ATL, EUG’s and AUG’s Team members will also receive free training, access to UTS career advice, enrolment assistance, academic assistance, athlete scholarship programs and more.
Competitions and Events
Members are eligible to play in club competitions and the Club Singles Ladder which has over 150 players representing 27 countries – it’s almost like being on tour!
Intervarsity Sport & Tennis Scholarships
The UTS Tennis Club is very competitive on the University sports scheme, taking 2nd in the 2011 & 2012 Australian University Games (AUGs) for men’s and Gold medals in the 2014 AUGs for the women’s.
- Gold & Bronze Medals at the Australian University Games 2014.
- Silver Medals at the Australian University Games 2011 & 2012.
- Gold Medals at the Eastern University Games 2012, 2013 & 2014.
You might be eligible for funding as an Elite Athlete. ATL, EUG’s and AUG’s Team members receive free training, access to UTS career advice, enrolment assistance, academic assistance, athlete scholarship programs and more. If you are a high performance player and interested to commence your studies at UTS in 2015 as a sports scholar please email UTS Tennis Club President Vitaly Faynerman and visit the ActivateUTS website for more information.
- CLICK here to find out more about Australian University Sport.
- CLICK here to find out about Sport & Recreation Programs at UTS.
Asia Pacific Tennis League – UTS City Lizards
In 2014 City Community Tennis in partnership with UTS Tennis and UTS Sports entered a Women’s team into the Asia Pacific Tennis League. The team reached the finals coming 2nd to Canberra Velocity.
The ATL uses an innovative and unique format known as Fast 4 Scoring with matches compromised of four game sets, no ad-scoring, no service lets and a variety of other concepts to make the game really exciting for both players and spectators!
- CLICK here for ATL 2014 Draws, scores and ratings
Membership is only $30 and runs for 1 year (365 days) i.e. join Feb 5th 2014, renew again Feb 5th 2015. UTS Tennis Club Membership is available for currently enrolled UTS students and staff only (ID number required).
Coaching and Event Fees Comparison
- Group Classes: UTS Tennis Club Members Pay $16.00 * | Non Member $28.00
- Cardio Tennis: UTS Tennis Club Members Pay $16.00 * | Non Member $22.00
- Social Tennis: UTS Tennis Club Members Pay $16.00 * | Non Member $22.00
- Private Lessons: UTS Tennis Club Members Pay $78.00 per hour | Non Members $86.00
- Weeknight Competitions: 20% Discount
- Sunday Singles Club Ladder Competitions: 20% Discount
* Please note special UTS Club discount rates for Group Classes and Social Tennis cannot be made online over the website. To receive the UTS discount rate for classes and socials you can give us a call or book online and email us your receipt and we will credit you the difference back to your player account online or when you next come in!
Joining makes a difference to the earth!
Membership also has the added advantage of reducing Co2′s harmful impact upon the environment. City Community Tennis donates to Carbon Neutral’s native tree planting program for each new and renewing member, so your membership will offset carbon dioxide emissions and add to the greening of Australia!