Saturday & Sunday Social Tennis
Every Weekend we have an organised social doubles event at the Prince Alfred Park tennis courts in Surry Hills. Social Tennis is held over a 3 hour period which is the perfect length of time to play and relax and unwind on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Am I the right standard for Social tennis?
There is a minimum playing standard (ITN 7 to ITN 4) for Social Tennis on Saturday and Sunday afternoons which is categorised in the following way. By using the International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) International Tennis Number (ITN), this ensures you will be playing with others of the same standard or higher for an enjoyable afternoons play.
- Intermediate: ITN 7 This player is fairly consistent when hitting medium paced shots, but is not yet comfortable with all strokes. Lacks control over depth, direction and power.
- High Intermediate: ITN 6 This player exhibits more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage, improved shot control and is developing teamwork in doubles.
- Advanced 2: ITN 5 This player has dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both ground strokes and on moderate shots. Has the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success.
- Advanced 1: ITN 4 This player has begun to use power and spin and has begun to handle pace. Has sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and can vary game plan according to opponents. Can hit first serves with power and can impart spin on second serves.
Social Tennis Fees – all social tennis events are pre-paid
Only pay for the Socials you choose within the month.
- 3 Hours: $22.00 | Students & Backpackers $20.00 | Members $19.00 | *UTS Advantage $13.00
Making a Booking
- To make a booking simply book the Social Tennis Event online or if you require assistance call the office on 9698-9451. *UTS Tennis Centre Members please call the office to make a booking on 9698 9451.