Social Tennis Fees – all social tennis events are pre-paid
Only pay for the Socials you choose within the month.
- Surry Hills, 3 Hours: $22.00 | Students & Backpackers $20.00 | Members $19.00 | *UTS Tennis Club $16.00
Making a Booking
- To make a booking simply book online or call the office on 9698-9451.
Special Events: Aussie Open Madness
Challenge other players in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy LIVE screening of Australian Open Men’s Final in the Hall!
Click here for more information.
Am I the right standard for Social tennis?
There is a minimum playing standard (ITN 7 to ITN 4) for Social Tennis which is categorised in the following way. By using the International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) International Tennis Number (ITN), this ensures you will be playing with others of the same standard or higher for an enjoyable afternoons play.
- Low Intermediate: ITN 8 This player is able to rally with movement and control to some degree and is now starting to play competitively (can serve and return/rally) on a full court. Strokes can be completed with some success. This player can also judge where the ball is going and can sustain a short rally of slow pace.
- Intermediate: ITN 7 This player is fairly consistent when hitting medium paced shots, but is not yet comfortable with all strokes. Lacks control over depth, direction and power.
- High Intermediate: ITN 6 This player exhibits more aggressive net play, has improved court coverage, improved shot control and is developing teamwork in doubles.
- Advanced 2: ITN 5 This player has dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both ground strokes and on moderate shots. Has the ability to use lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys with some success.
- Advanced 1: ITN 4 This player has begun to use power and spin and has begun to handle pace. Has sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and can vary game plan according to opponents. Can hit first serves with power and can impart spin on second serves.
- Learn more about ITN Numbers